Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Dairy Entry 23

Entry 23

October 5th

I moved to Bridgeport for experience in becoming a mixologist I am going to be there at least a month but it could be two months. I got to my flat and it's not the best in fact it needs work but I'm here to train and nothing more. I spent the first few nights at the flat not going anywhere just reading and reading about my new trade. I had a new bar installed at the flat so practiced making drinks and was able to make romantic mood drink for the first time. I have to say what a disgusting drink,  more practice is needed.


October 11th


I started looking for a job at any bar. I came across this cool lounge called the Prosper Room asked if I could moonlight and got laughed at then was excused of sneaking in and got kicked out. This is really helping my training. I thought by coming here and working different clubs, I would gain the experience I need for back home. Well I'm giving up not yet anyway.

I spoke to mum and April was brought home by the police again. Apparently she damaged property. Granddad was trying to discipline her but she just wouldn't listen. This is when mum dropped the news. "Granddad has booked tickets to China in two weeks. Would you like to go? I know you are working hard but thought you would like the chance to go." Jumping for joy I said "I would love it. I might be able to learn new tricks over there for my mixology." "Great you and April will have a wonderful time "Mum said quickly!" The penny finally dropped and in shock replied "Me and WHO? April, mum you have to be..." "The doorbells going have to go love tickets are in the post, bye." The phone fell silent. All I could think about was I'd been tricked my family volunteered me, thanks guys, thanks a lot. 

October 15th


Over the last few days I had tried ringing Izzy. I really miss her but we fought before I left. I told Izzy about this chance and she got really upset and stormed out of the house. I do think we have a chance but I just wish she would answer the phone.


I couldn't try anymore as I had finally landed a moonlighting job at Waylon's Haunt and I had to get down there or be fired before I even start. I cleaned glasses, scrubbed the bar and managed to serve one customer a drink before seeing them trying not to throw up. I was sent home early that night and told practise and try again tomorrow.

October 17th

I had a few days free so I went home to see everyone. The holiday was get closer and I was dreading it so I worked of my frustration in the gym. Believe it or nor for the first time ever I saw April smile. All I could think was what is she up to? I tried calling around at Izzy and there was no answer. I think we are really over now.

October 20th

I went to Waylon Haunt to start working behind the bar and I just had to look around the place as it was so busy. I just thought to myself well this is it, let's mix some drinks. After I mixed what seemed to be hundreds of drinks that night, I just collapsed into my bed and didn't wake till noon. As I was stirring the phone rang and it was the Sports zone, their mixologist had gone sick and heard I was looking for experience and would I be interested. All I had to say was "Give me the time and I'll be there!"



When I got there I gave my name to the bouncer and he showed me to area where the bar was and the manager came over and said "Hey, name's Carl right?" "That's right, so what do you need me to do tonight?" "Keep this bar running and don't let the drinks run dry." The next 6 hours were busy filling and refilling and I had and I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment