Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 57

Entry 57

October 1st




I took Luke out for a driving lesson and while teaching him to drive told him that he would be great the family diary. The look on his face was shock, "Mum why. why me?"
"Well I think you are the best for the job." I said thinking I wasn't going to need to explain my reasons.
"I don't want it, I know give it to James or Nina."
"Luke, the decision has already been made, you will have my diary. Don't worry you haven't got it yet but you will have it soon. Now let's get back to your driving lesson, turn left here!" as I put my mind back to teaching him.

October 4th

We had more problems than we wanted, we were now well established within the community and that meant the paparazzi were constantly watching our every move. They had even jumped our wall to get a closer look at what we were doing as a family.
 This time was a bit different as one of the photographers who had come to spy on us, had collapsed on the floor and died instantly. When the coroner had examined him they found he had died of natural causes.    

October 8th



Shane and Ed were having one of their father son moments by having a pillow fight. This went on for ages. They were acting like they were teenagers again. Sometimes I wonder who I live with children or adults.
James had decided to go into the army and put the knowledge from boarding school to good use. The job as toilet cleaner wasn't what he had in mind but he looked as a foot in the door.
Once James had signed his life to the military he started getting calls from his boss asking if he had started training yet. James said "I train anyway but why do I have to start this second?"
"I see, ok will do." James had told me that just because he was a toilet cleaner didn't mean he couldn't climb the ladder and have a better job with the army. So James took that as a sign to get into shape.

 October 12th



Luke on the hand was still up to no good. This time Ed followed him to this shack in the middle of nowhere and knocked on the door and a cute red head answered the door at this point Ed made his way home. He was hope that at the very least he would be home on time but unfortunately he wasn't and didn't stroll in till about midnight.
Ed saw him coming up the path and met him outside the gate and had a right go at him, giving him a lecture about the importance of being home on time as well as a lecture on girls. Shane and I thought about stopping argument but we felt it was best we didn't interfere as grandparents always know best.
Ed informed us are the lecture that he had extended Luke's grounding by another two week and if he wanted to be let off early then he was to do chores around the house.

October 13th

When James found out about the diary he wasn't happy, Luke had told him in the hope that James could convince me to let him do the diary instead of Luke but as I told James the choice had been made, end of discussion. "Mum you know Luke will mess it up."
"No he won't. Anyway he will get the diary when the time is right and by then he will be ready and won't mess it up." in a tone that James would know the decision was final.
Then to break my train of thought my phone rings. "Hello." 

No comments:

Post a Comment