Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Dairy Entry 50

Entry 50

November 4th


I woke to find I was on the bed with Shane sitting next to me. "Finally you are awake! I've been worried sick." "I feel tired that's all. How did I get up here, wasn't I down in the kitchen? Anyway I'm in one peace so I'll go and check on James." questioning him. "Belle get back on the bed now. Please"   I was shocked at his tone he'd never raised his voice like that to me before. "Shane I don't like you speaking to me like that. I will do what I want and I want to see my son."
"I will not tell you again Belle, stay on the bed! I'm sorry if you feel I'm being horrible but you need to understand something we have been very worried about you. Alfie and Laura have been here as well. I started to get angry "You called my brother over just cos I passed out for a few minutes..." Shane jumped in as he was pacing the floor, " It was not for a few minutes Belle, you have been out for 3 and half days. Doctors have been in and out of here since you passed out. It suddenly dawned on me that he was upset not angry with me. "James is fine missing you so please for the last time stay put."

November 6th

Confined to your room was no fun and every time I heard James crying or make a sound it was heartbreaking not to go and make sure he was all right. Dad kept an eye on me while Shane went to work. Dad told him to go as he could deal with me. "Dad do they know what's wrong?" "No hun they don't but when they do they will let you know until then just stay in bed.



I could hear James again so I snuck out of my room and across the hall to the nursery and played with my son. The look on his little face was enough for me at least he knew who I was. The door swung open and Shane walked in, I put James back in his cot and walked passed Shane back to our room where Shane followed me. "I know you miss our baby but stay put please." The phone was ringing downstairs and Shane went to answer it. A little while later he joined me on the bed cuddling me really tight, "That was the hospital on the phone. They have your test results, Belle. You caught an infection when you gave birth to James, which would of be fine as it would of cleared up properly without you ever knowing but..." "But what?" I said getting upset. "You know we were so excited about James and we ignored Doctors advise about making woohoo." as he smiled "Well you are pregnant again and the infection is fighting the baby and that's why you passed out." "No this can't be happening, are we going to lose the baby?" "We don't know." as he held me even closer.

November 27th

3 weeks and still no news from the hospital, the only bit of good news was I was allowed to move around the house now. I started to take an interest in gardening as I wasn't allowed to do much else. Dad had taken over all my wedding preparations. Dad had told me that Alfie had rung to say he was going to be a Dad. I was pleased for him and Laura but not knowing if I was still pregnant was really upsetting I didn't want to lose the baby. Shane and I went to the hospital for a scan to see if everything was how it should be. They kept looking with puzzled faces and then looked at us and said "The baby is still there and is looking very healthy and the infection has now cleared up." I was so relieved that I cried on Shane's shoulder until I could cry no more.

December 2nd







In celebration of the news we threw a small family party. This was also to celebrate James becoming a toddler. Laura was getting big and looking so healthy. Alfie was on cloud nine as they had been trying for a couple of years now. The doctors warned that I might not get big because of the bad start to the pregnancy. I mean you look at Laura and she's ready to pop but Sims didn't believe we were only weeks apart. After everyone had left we took James to the park and let him go on a few rides. We didn't stay long as I got tired very quickly with this baby.

January 4th


The wedding plans are going well, Dad has everything under control much to my surprise. I have started to get a little bigger now. Trying to teach James to walk was funny at times because he would do a wobbly dance then fall on his bum but other times he managed to walk to me.

January 15th

Only a few weeks left to the wedding and now I'm even bigger I going to have to get the dress altered again the rate this is going it will look like a tent not a wedding dress.

February 14th



I haven't written in here for ages as I've been so busy trying to keep up with James being pregnant and a wedding. Today is the big day my wedding at 4.00pm I will be taking my vows and saying "I do." I can't believe this day is really here. Dad wouldn't let me go outside and take a look as he wanted to surprise me with the decorations.

Ed was dealing with James and trying to get him ready in a formal outfit but by the sounds James was making he wasn't having much luck. It had been a week since the last fitting and my dress still fitted.
I finished my hair and now I was ready, I woggle downstairs feeling very heavy and had taken so many trips to the bathroom as the baby was kind enough to be resting on my bladder. I just hope I make it through the ceremony. Shane looked handsome as ever and everyone watched me as I approached the arch. Everyone was crying with happiness but James just played with his rag doll.





Dad had really done a good job on the decorations roses bushes behind the arch a beautiful wedding cake and a very nice sculpture of a harp. We gazed at each other intensely as we exchanged our vows promising to love each other for the rest of our lives. Shane and I kissed each other tenderly as husband and wife. As I looked around friends and family were either crying or clapping.






We made our way to the buffet table and the food looked great "How's my little one today?" as Shane talked to my stomach "We are fine thanks." as I laughed "You look beautiful Belle." "So do you." as I felt my cheeks getting hotter by the second. "I think our guests are getting impatient. I think they want a piece as cake." Shane and I stood by the cake and there was a sudden silence as everyone watched us cut the cake. One by one they took a piece.



As the night wore on Shane and I went inside. As we passed my Dad's room I told Shane I would be there in a minute I just wanted to say thanks to Dad. I walked in and Dad said "Did you have a good day." "I did Dad, thanks." as I leaned over to kiss his cheek he said "Belle are you ok you're gone pale?" "Uh Dad can you get Shane. The baby is on its way!" as I bent over in pain.  The next thing I know my Dad and Shane are panicking and I screamed "Will someone get me to the hospital, please." Some wedding night.

No comments:

Post a Comment