Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Dairy Entry 36

Entry 36

November 12th

Continued...


Belle sat there staring at the floor for a moment go up from the seat and said "You wouldn't understand." "Try me." I yelled back but at the same time trying to keep calm. Belle fell back into the seat and told me what was going on "It started a few weeks ago. This new kid started school and well....he's very cute." interrupting her I replied "Maybe I should get your mum!"

"Why? You wanted to know what is going on can't I talk to you?" There was nothing I could reply with other than to say taking a deep breath "Go on." "I really like him but when I tried to talk to him the other day nothing would come out of my mouth and he started to laugh at me. I got so mad that I found out where he lived and started throwing eggs at the door. Now he thinks I'm insane and he won't even talk to me. What do I do?" "Belle honey, teenage boys are horrible, I should know I was one. Look the point is, if this boy...." "Shane" "Ok, Shane really likes you then things have a way of sorting themselves out." I tried to sound as if I knew what I was saying but let's face it even I wasn't sure if what I said was true. "Thanks Dad."

November 16th

Alfie had finally got his driving licence and would drive everywhere. One evening he took Belle out but came back without her. "Where Belle, Alfie?" "Um.." but Izzy interrupted the conversation "I asked Alfie to take Belle because after the talk you had with her the other day she decided to talk to Shane and get to know him. So they are at the woods."

Blowing a fuse "You left her at the woods with a boy." "Carl relax, Alfie has gotten to know the boy and says he's ok. "Geek if you ask me." Alfie added "Alfie, go and doing something else and leave your Dad and I to talk."  He didn't need to be told twice.

"Carl calm down you told her to see how things went and well, she has she has gone to apologise for the way she behaved and to get to know him..." "Great next thing you know she will be in a relationship then getting married then...." Izzy interrupted me "For goodness sake she has gone to talk to a boy she likes that's all. Belle is growing up and remember what you told me about Alfie, learn to let go. Well listen to your own advise and face the fact Belle is growing up."


I knew she was right. Izzy was always right and I hated that. I knew the day would come that I was no longer her centre of attention but I thought I could hold on to her a little longer. Look at the way she looked at me when she was on her toy dragon/horse, my little girl.

November 17th




Belle looked really happy, "How did you date go?" Belle laughed "Dad, it wasn't a date we talked and helped each other with our homework and thanks to you he is talking to me now. He told me he didn't mean to laugh at me and said he was sorry. At least we are friends."


Later that day I took Belle out for her first driving lesson and poor car it was used and abused by Belle, just hope she gets better at driving.

November 30th



Eloise went into labour and gave birth to a baby boy. His name is Henry and he was given the traits of easily impressed and virtuoso. Dan told me the birth went well and they are both doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment