Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Dairy Entry 39

Entry 39

January 15th

Belle and April were getting along nicely but Belle made April feel uncomfortable at times because unfortunately throughout April's life there had never been anyone special and because of this she felt that some of the questions being asked should be more directed at Izzy.



Belle was starting to have strong feelings towards Shane but felt maybe they were too young to settle for each other without the experience of life first. So we as her parents advised her to sleep on her decision. Alfie on the other hand was getting butterflies in his stomach as her was graduating tomorrow. Even though he had been in trouble a few times; no let's be honest a lot, he never allowed his grades to suffer and even ended up on the honour roll list.

January 16th

Alfies Graduation Day  

We all had breakfast together for the first time in a long time and you could see Alfie was looking forward to the day but was very nervous as if he could waiting for the day to be over. "What's wrong?" I asked Alfie, "Nothing. Well there is something but it doesn't matter." he replied "It does matter if you look like that." "I applied for a job in the military and I haven't heard anything so they must not want me." "Oh Alfie you will hear one way or another but I really don't think you have anything to worry about because with your grades and fitness I can't see a problem. However for today you should be enjoying the fact you are graduating." "Thanks Dad. Well, I better get ready then."


Belle decided to wear her prom gown again, it is nice to see her getting another use out of it. At city hall each of them were presented with their diplomas and I have to admit they all looked wonderful. Even April smiled at the presentation that her great nephew was getting a diploma. Izzy was just in floods of tears but held onto mine as I had to comfort Izzy and then there was Belle smiling from ear to ear and clapping so hard I thought her hands would break.



Outside the building Alfie congratulated Laura and then Alfie went white because Laura's Dad Nigel approached Alfie to congratulate him but also to have "The talk", what every guy fears. I was lucky as Izzy's Dad had died before we met but after some of the stories you hear, I dare to think what Nigel is telling him. After the meeting Laura and Alfie disappeared together.


January 18th

The day that Alfie had been waiting for, a letter arrived it was from the army, we all watched eagerly as he read the letter, he looked up and shouted with happiness "I'm in, I'm in. I start training in a few days." "Congratulations Alfie, that is wonderful news." we all told him.


Then came some news we did not expect "Everyone after I graduate I will be moving away. I need a change of scenery and well, I think it will do me some good." "What about Shane?" we asked "I do like him a lot but I want to see different things and if we are meant to be then it will happen but I feel I need to do this and hope you will all support me!" "If this is what you want then we will support you." I just hope she knows what she is doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment