Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 49

Entry 49

August 16th



The house was coming on nicely, the study or office was finished and Ed spent most his time in their painting when he wasn't working. Dad had given me loads of books because my granddad had a large collection and Dad thought they would look nice in here so it didn't take long for the shelves to fill up.

August 24th

I'd been trying to get hold of my Dad for ages to tell him about the pregnancy but had gone away for a couple of weeks after the funeral. When he arrived at the house I didn't even wait until he was inside, I just told him on the doorstep and he was shocked. "Belle, you should be married. You will have to get married straight away." I was really surprised at the attitude from Dad.

"No I won't bring the wedding forward because of a baby. We will marry when we are ready and not before. We are happy about this and if you aren't then you can leave." I was so angry by now as was about to go through the door when "Belle wait, I am happy for you it's just I thought you would marry first. I don't want to miss my grandchild growing up so please don't be mad." "Dad things are different you don't have to marry to have children and we were surprised by the news but you hurt my feelings. Just be happy that you are going to be a grandparent." "I am Belle I really am."

September 1st


I've started piling on the pounds through this pregnancy, I just can't stop eating. Shane thinks it's wonderful 
that he can see the baby growing. I hate being huge it's so uncomfortable but Shane keeps telling me how wonderful I look. He loves talking and listening to the bump.  Dad decided that because he hurt my feelings he was going to pay for the nursery to be decorated but I could choose with Shane how it was being done.

September 16th

Shane had decided that I needed pampering so he organised a day at the spa. I spent the day letting all my 
worries float away having a facial and relaxation massage. He then meet me from the spa and we came home.

When I arrived home Dad had moved in saying that April was getting on his let nerve and he needed time away, great just what I need Dad and father in-law living with me.

October 2nd

Baby is doing fine, how do I know, just let's say I get kicked enough when the baby moves. Shane is being over protective and tells me I should rest more, I know I should but I can't. These days I eat more than ever, I really hope this will change once the baby arrives.

October 19th

I went into hospital for my last check up before the birth and was told that I had to stay in as I was in early stages of labour. Shane and I looked puzzled, the baby is not due yet. The doctor told me it looked like the baby wants to make an appearance so to make myself comfortable. Shane went home to get my things and tell my Dad and Ed when he arrived with my things he told me everyone can't wait to see the baby.

October 20th

This really hurts it's been 24 hours can't they just drag the baby out for me. Shane was really good to me through all, why I have no idea because this not happening again it is too painful. It's now 10.30pm and still NOTHING, I want this baby out and I mean now. "We are almost there Belle I just need you to push one more time." One more time, haven't I pushed enough but I kept that thought to myself. "Belle come on do what the doc says and we can take our baby home." Shane said as he brushed my hair out of my face for the hundredth time.


As I pushed once again I heard a cry and Shane looked at me and said "We have a boy, he so tiny." He stay with our son as they cleaned him up and I got cleaned and changed ready to go home. "What do you want to call him Shane?" "What do you think about the name James." "I like it James it is." as I held James and started to make my way out of this hospital. James was born at 11.03pm.



Dad and Ed were so proud of their first Grandson that they stood very proud as each of their pictures were taken.

October 23rd



James has settled in very well and sleeps through the night and this morning there was a package left for him. When the package was opened inside was this rag looking doll saying "My name is Fluffs please take good care of me." We put it inside the cot and James took an instant liking of this rag doll.

November 1st



We have set a date for the wedding we are getting married in February 14th Valentine Day. Shane being the romantic came up with the date. I can't wait and Dad is paying for the whole thing. So much to organise, I just hope I don't forget anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment