Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Dairy Entry 59

Entry 59

October 21st


I am retiring in a month and can't wait. Ed had left money to the grandchildren to go on holiday together but at the last minute Luke pulled out and decided not to go. When I asked why he said he wanted to be ready for the end of year exams and wanted to do well. "Have you thought about you are going to do after graduation?" I enquired
"I think so but I still weighing up my options." Luke replied
"Can you tell me?" I asked again
"I want to be sure but I have to have good grades if I stand a chance." he told me burying his head back in his book.

October 22nd

James and Nina took off for their trip to Egypt. They left in the earlier hours hereby plane and I received a call this evening to say that they arrived safely at around 2pm in the afternoon there. James said the weather was very hot and both Nina and James had already had a bottle of water each and were off to buy more and camping gear so they could go adventuring. I hope they will be ok!

October 24th

Nina phoned late evening, at first we thought there was something wrong but when she said it was only 9.00pm. "How's the trip?"
"It fantastic. James and I went exploring today. We went into an abandoned underground tomb. It was to help the locals recover an very old but valuable item." I tried to say something but Nina was so excited I( just continued to listen.




"James and I were at first not sure if we should help but we decided to explore. Anyway, we went down these creepy stairs and came this old room with a locked door and a chest. James decided to open it and Mum you never guess what...Well there was gold money inside, so James removed all of it put it in the bag.
Then he placed the half moon shaped keystone in this large opening by the locked door and the chain broke and the door opened. Can you believe it, I mean...."
"Give me the phone before you start mum off." as I heard James taking the phone from Nina as she was definitely excited "Mum don't worry we are fine the adventure is over. We are going to get some sleep, well at least one of us is."

"James tell me more of what happened. It sounds very interesting."
"As Nina said the door opened and we walked down what seemed to be a long corridor and at the end just around the corner was some light and a Skeleton..."
"What!" I shouted "I mean continue." I said quietly.




"As I said there was light around the corner and another locked door and Nina..." all I heard from James was laughter " had to jump up and down on this stone to unlock the door." laughing even harder in the back ground all I heard was "It wasn't that funny James."
"It was, anyway after we got through the door there was another locked door and thanks to my athletic training I was able to move a statue to the floor stone to open this door.  There was another chest and more gold in it so I took it. That was yesterday.






We then got up early to go back and finish working our way through the tomb. We both started digging through all the rumble collecting a variety of items underneath the rumble and then in the last chest at the end of small opening, we found the item the locals were after. Nina and I then returned the item to the lady and the other items but were told we could keep the other items for our hard work. We spoke to some of the locals for awhile and I even tried fishing but discovered fishing isn't my thing.

I better go and get some sleep as we are travelling back tomorrow so say hi to Dad for us and see you tomorrow."

"Ok James see you and Nina tomorrow and glad to hear you have had a good trip. Night" as put the phone down all I could think was at least they are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment