Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Diary Entry 12

Entry 12

December 31st

Aaron told me to dress up as he was taking me out for the evening. I put on a new gown I'd bought before Carl was born but had never got the chance to wear it. I did my hair and even if I say so myself, I looked good. I felt it and when Aaron saw me he said "Wow, you look beautiful." I don't know why but I went bright red and smiled at him. We got in the taxi waiting outside and I asked him "Where are we going." He just smiled at me and said nothing.


We got out of the taxi and walked down a slight hill and Aaron turned to me and said "We are here." I think I looked shocked but was really horrified we were at a beach. I'd dressed up for this, what was he thinking. I think he knew what I was thinking cos he just took my hand and said "look just come with me" and in the corner of the beach was a little grill where Aaron was going to cook a barbecue by moonlight and tall candle torches. I have to admit it was sweet but if I'd known I wouldn't have put this dress on I would've dressed down a bit.



The evening did turn out to a romantic evening, things between Aaron and I are good now
and over dinner Aaron told me that my Dad had contacted him and said he would be in Twinbrooks for a few days he would be renting a house and we could meet up and chat. Aaron told me Dad would be arriving 5th January. Aaron said he would come if I wanted him to but I said no I to met him by myself.

January 4th

Daniel was growing in a handsome little boy, he is now a little toddler crawling around and getting up to no good. Carl could be sat there quietly and Daniel would come along and annoy his big brother. Aaron would play with Daniel for hours just as he had with Carl. He trying to keep the boys occupied because he knew my mind was on tomorrow and to be honest my stomach was in knots and my mind was thinking all sorts of things, will we get on will we like each other. What will he say about mum? these were just some of my thoughts.



January 5th

Today's the day my Dad will arrive in Twinbrooks. Aaron caught me out the corner of his eye turned to me and said "You'll be fine. Your Dad and you will get on believe me you have nothing to worry about. He is going to love you no matter what."
I knew he was right but I still couldn't help but panic. The phone started to ring Aaron picked up the phone and if almost immediately said "It's your Dad on the phone." As I took the phone my stomach was in knots again "Hi D.d.dad." "Hi. I arrived last night rather than travel early this morning so would you like to come over?" I hesitated at first "Paige are you still there." replied my Dad's voice down the phone. "Um, yes sorry I'll be there in half an hour." "See you then." he said with excitement then the phone fell silent.
Aaron looked at me and said with a chuckle "before you say anything your Dad gave me the address last week so here it is and don't worry about the boys, they'll be fine with me."


I made my way to the house where my Dad was staying and stood there for a minute or two and the door opened. There was my Dad standing in the doorway, "Paige is that you." I looked at him and replied "Yes Dad it's me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment