Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 53

Entry 53

June 14th



Nina was now a toddler, playing always with the rag doll never letting it out of her sight. James had finished his first term at military school so decided to come home before starting the new term. James could believe how much Nina had grown and played with her for hours. He feed her and did almost everything a parent would do for their child except he refused to change a nappy, I wonder why!
After breakfast he had to return to start the new term so he wouldn't be here when my Aunt turned up which would be a shame. He loved school and his education was important.

June 15th

I received a call from Henry that he was bring Aunt Eloise to the house tomorrow. "Belle, I have another big favour to ask if you have the space could I bring my piano please?"
"Well ok. It would nice to have music playing around the house." After I got off the phone to Henry, Shane asked when they would be arriving and I told him tomorrow afternoon.
Before I walked through the door on my way to work I shouted back "A piano is arriving too." All I heard in the background was "A what...piano!!!"

June 16th


I took they day off work so I would be there to greet my Aunt and cousin. We hadn't seen each other in ages and I couldn't wait. When Aunt Eloise walked through the door she looked very frail, she had taken the death of my Uncle Dan very hard. She approached me by putting on a front and said "Belle, it's been so long but you look as pretty as ever."

 "Thanks and I'm sorry about Uncle Dan, if there's anything I can do..." she interrupted me "Being here is enough, Belle. Where are my great niece and nephew's?"
"The boys are at boarding school. Nina is upstairs sleeping and James will be home in a few weeks so you will see him then.

Ed and Shane helped Henry bring in his piano and it wasn't a small one like I imagined but it was a grand piano. "Henry this is a bit larger than I expected!"    
"I thought I mentioned what piano it was." looking guilty. "Um no Henry you forgot to mention how large it was." giving him daggers but I really should of asked him rather than assume.


June 19th

The house feels full again, it's wonderful. I received a call from James saying that he was thinking of leaving boarding school as he felt missing out on things like a prom and learning to drive etc would be just as important. I told him to think about it before making any firm decision but if he wanted to leave I would back him 100%.

June 20th



It was a beautiful day so I decided to potter in the garden and tend to my fruit and veg patch. Henry gave me a hand and it was nice to be able to have someone to talk to while I was gardening rather than be on my own.


In the evening Henry sat at the piano and started playing and I have to admit he was really good. He told me that growing up his mum forced him to have lessons but as time went on he really enjoyed the piano and now he likes to sit and play. It helps Henry to unwind especially at the moment after his Dad passing and his mum being so frail just for a little while he can forget it all and be absorbed in the vibrations of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment