Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 48

Entry 48

August 1st

We have bought the new house but still haven't moved in yet as the paperwork hasn't been completed. I want to move in and get started on the house. I got a call from Alfie, he didn't sound good "Sis you need to come to the house Dad's in a state. Mum died last night." I did say anything, I just hung up the phone and went over there and spent the next few hours consoling my Dad. I'd never seen him so upset, he was so heartbroken he and Mum loved each other so much it was terrible to see going through this.


I couldn't believe she was gone and I knew I would never see her ghost as she was so loved by the family that she could pass over in peace. My phone was ringing and ringing and when I saw it was Shane ringing me, I didn't answer. I told my Dad I had to leave but I would see him tomorrow. I arrived home to a worried boyfriend, "Why didn't you answer the phone I was worried..." as I interrupted him the tears rolled down my face "Mum died and I was with Dad."

The next thing I knew Shane was wrapping his arms around me saying "I'm sorry babe, do you need anything?" as I continued to cry until I fell asleep.

August 2nd

Shane woke me up with a coffee and said the post had arrived and the paperwork was now complete. The 
new house was now ours. I should of been thrilled but I just couldn't be excited. Then I heard Shane on the phone "No not yet. It's doesn't feel right." "Carl, I..." "Ok, soon I promise."

Shane came into the bedroom "How are you feeling?" "OK I guess but what was that call about? "Just asking how your Dad was and he said he would speak to you later." then Shane disappeared. I phoned Dad and he told me was feeling ok. I went downstairs and Ed gave me a hug, saying Izzy was a lovely Sim. It had been 24 hours since passed away and my grieve was making me ill. I had thrown up so my times I'd lost count but as the day wore on Shane made me feel more normal staying home from work to be with me.

August 3rd

We moved in to the new house today. I still felt we were ready because of Mum but Ed and Shane felt keeping my mind occupied would help me. I still felt sick but just carried on with moving box after box into the new place. Dad helped us even though I told him no but he insisted he need something to do. He said that I was right the place had lots of potential and it would make a great home.


 August 4th

Mum's funeral was really hard on everyone but we all said our goodbyes. Alfie was close to Mum so between us, it was affecting him more. Laura was comforting him and Dad had banded Aunt April from coming as Mum and April didn't get on. Dad just let the tears run down his face looking at both Alfie and me with the look that read you'll both be fine.
I will Always Love you Mum Love Belle xxx

August 6th

The last few days have been draining but at least now the builders have finished the kitchen. We had a window added for extra light and I have to say they did a wonderful job. They also completed our bedroom and we now had a balcony we could get too and an ensuite. They were still working on the other bathroom and Ed room which he insisted on taking the smallest room. I was due back to work tomorrow and I was not looking forward to it.


August 8th

Shane decided I needed cheering up so he took me out for a romantic meal. We outside eating by candlelit and Shane surprised me with flowers. "They are beautiful Shane. Thank you." As we were leaving our table Shane took my hand and got down on one knee, "Shane, what are you doing?" "Belle would you marry me?" as everyone was staring at us, I looked into his eyes and said "Yes I'll marry you." He got to feet and pulled me into an embrace whispering in my hear "I love you."






As we were walking out Dad came around the corner, "Hi Dad. I've something to tell you. Shane and are engaged." Dad face lit up and he said with a smile "Congratulations, it's about time." As we walked home Shane looked at me and asked "Are you ok?" I stopped and turned to him and said "Shane we are pregnant." The look on Shane face was one of shock "Shane, say something!" he just kept looking into space, "Please say something anything." finally a response from him "A baby, a baby?" "Yes a baby, Shane." "Awww that's wonderful news. I'm going to be a Dad. I can't wait."

The rest of the walk home Shane was on a high going on and on about the baby and how he'd have to get the nursery ready. It was a shock to me as this little one wasn't planned but I was pleased about it and couldn't wait. As soon as we got home Shane told Ed the news and he was thrilled about the news. Now I just have to tell my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment