Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

Diary Entry 71

Entry 71

September 8th

I have so much to tell you, Tam give birth to our son, Michael He is beautiful baby. The girls just love him so much. The girls help out when they can. Unfortunately the last few months have been hard, Dad passed away peacefully in his sleep and as you may remember me telling you Lacey start seeing her mother and this has meant our relationship that we once had has deteriorated badly. Lacey is staying out most nights breaking curfew I don't know when she will be back and when she does come home she acts like nothing is wrong. We are having big fight about it and she has even said she will live with Sophia, I just don't know what to do anymore.

September 12th

"Lacey you are not going out again."
"News flash Dad, I am!" Slamming the door as she walked out.
"It will be fine." as Tam tries to reassures me but my gut tell me otherwise. I decide to put my frustrations into my work. Nothing gets my focus; I'm just so worried about her.
Jewel looks like her sister and they have a good relationship, I just wish Jewel was old enough to talk sense to her sister.

As I came home from another long day I found Lacey helping out in the garden, I called over but she wouldn't answer me.
Michael is a sweet boy who always has a smile on his face. He loves to learn and wants to know more all the time. I love that about him but it can wear you out.


September 19th


Michael was playing with doll and I couldn't help but take a picture of the moment. The poor doll does get used a lot. Jewel hasn't been well lately so her chore, looking after Sweet has been taken over by Tam. At first Sweet was not happy with Tam taking over but has finally come around.

Last night the police called at the house with my daughter. She had decided that because she didn't like a group of children at her school that she would leave them a gift on the door step. Unfortunately Lacey was spotted by a young girl and when she told her parents they phone the police to deal with the matter. Then the officer asked me a question that did shock me, "Is your daughter any relation to the late April Blonde?"




"How dare you, officer. Lacey has never met this April Blonde. You are right they are related but it is a very distant connection. Are you trying to compare my daughter to her?"
"I..I..might Mr Blonde."

As I shut the door I was angry that someone could see what I had been trying to not think about Was it possible generations down the line that Lacey has her Great, Great Aunt's evil streak? I mean her mother is a mean spirited person, who never wanted our daughter and I was blinded by her beauty that I even consider marrying her.


I went to my bedroom after saying good night to the children and when I saw Tam I just lost it. As she comforted me she said, "I heard what the officer said. Lacey is going through a tough time. See it from her side, Sophia gave her up and Lacey wants answers which you can't give her. She loves you but she feels let down by the one person who should have been there for her."
"This is why she was to stay away from Sophia."
"Luke you can't protect her forever."
"Why won't she speak to me? I would listen to her." Tam just stared at me and replied, "Really? Every time you see her anywhere near Sophia's place you yell at her and then lecture her at how bad she is. Lacey needs to find out by herself and you need to let her do this or you will lose her."

September 22nd

I haven't said anything to Lacey to past few days. Hoping that what Tam says is right and that she will come to me.

I walk into the living room and Lacey is watching TV, she looks up at me and says, "Dad we need to talk."

No comments:

Post a Comment