Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 35

Entry 35

November 3rd

Growing old together is a wonderful thing especially when you love your wife as much as I do. Izzy looks as more beautiful now than she ever did. The only thing I wish they would take away are these aches and pains that go with old age. As let's face it mind is that of a young man but this body looks and says differently. We both decided to not to have a party as we feel we just wanted to be together, just the two of us.


November 6th

Dan looked very pale and was staring at the wall.  "Dan you ok?" "uh oh sorry was miles away." "What's wrong?" "Um I found out that Eloise is pregnant. I thought she was just getting fat!" "Please tell me you did not tell her she was getting fat." "No, just thought it. She's due next month. She told me that she didn't realise that she was pregnant and was trying to lose weight and when the diet wasn't working that's when the doctor told she was expecting. We have nothing ready, Carl what do I do?" "First thing you do is look after your wife and that baby of yours. We still have the cot we used for Alfie and Belle that you can have and pull yourself together because Eloise will need you more than ever. One last thing Congratulation Dan, I'm really happy for you guys."
Then Dan dropped a bombshell on me. "After the baby is born we will be moving out. Please don't take it the wrong way Carl but we will need our own space and we will come back and visit." I was very hurt but I understood completely.

November 10th

I was at work when a neighbour came into the bar and asked to have a word. So I got cover for the bar and took a seat with Ralph, "What's the matter?" "Well it's to let you know that over the last week I have spotted Belle throwing eggs at my house and by the time I get to the door she gone." "No, you must be mistaken!" I declared angrily. "Carl I wish I was but I'm not. If it was a one off, ok. But she is doing it regularly." When I got home Belle was already asleep so the issue of pulling pranks would have to wait.


November 11th

Dan and Eloise were really loving being pregnant and it was nice to see them so happy. Alfie had another date with Laura and he was going to pick her up from her house and meet her father as her boyfriend, poor Alfie. Belle was still nowhere to be seen. When Alfie came home I asked him how the date went and he told me Laura loved the flowers but the Dad kept giving him horrible looks. I had to laugh "Alfie this is normal, Dad's are very protective of their daughter. Wait till your sister brings home a boy. I will question him on anything and everything. The point is I know how he feels but in the end is Laura likes you then he will too." I think Alfie was shocked by what I said but he understood what I meant.


November 12th

Belle tried heading out the door, "Belle I want a word so don't go anywhere." "Dad I'm going..." "Don't care in the room now!" I demanded Looking at the floor she entered the room "Do you know why I want to speak to you?" Belle was shaking her head. "I had an interesting conversation with Ralph and he tells me you are pulling pranks and throwing eggs at the house. Any reason why?"


To be continued 

No comments:

Post a Comment