Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

Dairy Entry 70

Entry 70

January 15th

Lacey just stared at her new sister while she was sleeping in the cot. I walked in and Lacey asked "Is that all she does? I want to play with her."
"At the moment yes but Jewel will get bigger and then you can play with her. However you can feed her and change her nappy."
"I will help feed her but I won't change her as she smells."
I understood not wanting to change a nappy but she didn't have to say it out loud.
Tam and Lacey would spend time outside in the garden, looking after the vegetable patch.

April 8th


So much has happened in the last few months, Jewel has grown a lot and is now my shadow. She can now walk and talk and is into everything. Lacey is now discovering science and how to make potions.
Dad is now over 100 years old and is not slowing down. The girls adore him and will sit and listen to him reminisce about the good old days. I bought a horse and Lacey named him Sweet. We extended the garden so he can practice running and jumps. However Sweet does drive Tam nuts as he eats any new plants she is trying to grow, I've had to tell him off a few times.


Lacey ran to our new ice-cream van to get a lolly. She loved this new way of getting treats, that truck must be doing well.

April 10th



I found out I'm going to be a Dad again for the third time. Tam decided to remodel parts of the house and she put in a laundry room and redesigned the bathroom. She also re-decorated Nina's old room so Lacey and Jewel can share. Lacey loved playing pee-a-boo with Jewel and dressing up in her throne outfit. I have to say at the top of Lacey's favourite things to do was having a bed time story for her Granddad.


I heard a noise in the middle of the night so I got up to investigate and found that Lacey had snuck outside to feed a treat to Sweet. I know I should have called her but I didn't have the heart.

April 15th

I have entered Sweet and myself in a beginners race and doing the last bit of training before the race and Lacey came and helped out at the stable because she brushed Sweet and sorted out his hooves and saddle. She begs me to let her ride him but I have told her that you have to learn how to look after a pet before you get to do the fun stuff.

We waited outside centre waiting to be called to take part in the race and at that moment it seemed to take forever. At last we were called in. We qualified for last place position but the moment the race started Sweet was off, he was like a bolt of lightning.
I didn't have to give much encouragement, he over took the first 3 horses and then started to fall back and then he gained momentum and over took a few more. The last lap was coming up and I kept thinking 5th place for a first race won't be so bad but I guess Sweet had other ideas because without warning we had actually came in first. Our first blue ribbon.

April 21st



Tam had now extended the garden and was growing different and more plants. She had received a call that a restaurant wanted to try the produce so she took a sample over and now they are going to recommend her veg to other chefs in the area.

May 1st



As I was driving home yesterday I found Lacey waiting outside Sophia's house again, I called to the car and I asked her what she was doing? She told me that she had been seeing her mum for the last few weeks. Lacey told me that she was going to continue seeing her mum whether I liked it or not. She wanted to get to know Sophia and have a relationship with her but told me as far as she was concerned Tammy was more like her mother than Sophia was. "Then why see her then?" I asked.
"It's just something I need to do."

May 3rd



Lacey's birthday, she is finally turning into a teenager. James turned up for her big day but Nina couldn't make it as Emily was ill. When she came down stairs and blew out the candles she looked up at me and to my shock she was like a mirror image of Sophia but at least Lacey had the better personality.

I almost forgot my sister did get married and here is a picture of her in her beautiful gown on her big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment