Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 26

Entry 26

November 26th

I took Izzy out for a meal at the local bistro. As we were talking I broke the news that I was moving back to Twinbrooks but I would be travelling back and fore to complete my training. It was a way of working the big clubs and still live at home. The smile on her face said it all. As she got up from the table, I called her and when she looked around I was on knee and said "Izzy White, Will you Marry me?" Her eyes widened and with a squeak of happiness she said " Yes really oh wow, yes, yes, yes I'll marry you."




We couldn't wait to tell everyone but when we arrived home, Dan approached me and said "Mum trip and fell and we rushed over to help her and...... nothing we could do." "Where's Dad?" Dan trying not to cry replied "In his room crying and he wants to be left alone and Granddad is in shock at the moment."


I collapsed in the chair Izzy beside me covering her hand but Dan noticed her hand and said "Nice ring Izzy and congratulations to both of you." We looked at her other and then back at Dan and give a half smile and then feel silent.

November 28th

The last few days have been unbearable what should have been a wonderful time has been masked by tragedy. My mum gone and she didn't find out I was engaged. When Dad found out he was thrilled at the news but you could tell he was mourning for mum. Granddad was so angry he didn't want to bury his Sweet little Paige. He refused to talk about the funeral with any of other. April was taking it hard, even though they fought a lot, you could see in the face that April was missing her.
This evening I went say goodnight to Dad and found him asleep but when I checked he wasn't sleeping he was gone. He told me that he missed mum so much, he must have died of a broken heart. Now we are all grieving for both of them. Granddad felt more comfortable that mum was now not alone.

December 2nd

We laid my parents to rest, The people who had taught Dan and me so much. They loved us so much and now they wouldn't see us having families of our own. They would never see any grandchildren. When we have important times in our lives Dan and I will only be able to share with each other. Granddad didn't come to the funeral as he still refused to accept mum's death. I really don't think he will live long now because of the emotional turmoil he is feeling.


December 3rd

I found my bags packed at the front door and when I went into the kitchen to ask why, I was shocked at the response "Carl as you are aware your mum left you the house. The bar will be passed to you when I am gone. The last few days have been depressing and even though you and Izzy are engaged it's not enough. I am too ill to travel..."  "Granddad..." "Don't interrupt me, please. As you have heard from your mum, I loved your Grandmother so much but I let that slip through my fingers, I walked away when I should have fought harder. What I am trying to say come home with good news that you are married and madly in love." shocked at this point I said "We are madly in love but..." I was interrupted again " No butt's young man if you love her as much as you say you do don't waste anymore time, just marry this beautiful girl."
Next thing I know I was being pushed out of the house with Izzy and into a taxi being told next destination Paris.

December 4th

I phoned home to say we got here ok and Dan said to " When are getting married ?" I told him "In few hours at beautiful spot, can't say the name though." I laughed "Wish I could be there but Granddad is not doing well so keeping an eye on him while Emma and April try and keep the house going." "I've got to go but things will change when I get back so don't worry."

I wanted to give Izzy a big wedding but Granddad insisted that Paris was the city of romance and should be married here. When we got there and Izzy removed a coat hiding the dress and stood in front of me, she took my breath away. Her purple eyes sparkled in the light and looked stunning. Granddad was right live life to the full and don't waste even a second. I now knew what he meant.



I looked in to eyes and said "With all my heart I love you. I want spend the rest of my life with you, having children and growing old together." putting the ring on her finger.




Izzy then smiled and replied "When we first met I fell for you and the more time we spent together my love grew for you. When you looked after me that when I knew I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life. I love you, Carl." as she put the ring on my finger. I know we didn't say much in vows but what we didn't say would say more that we ever could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment