Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 54

Entry 54

July 7th



I had a call from James boarding school, he had decided to return home as he felt this was something he needed to do. He would be returning later that afternoon. Nina who had her birthday a few days ago went to boarding school yesterday. She wanted to go to Lefromage Art School.

July 9th


Having James home was really good and being able to talk to him without picking up the phone was definitely a plus. Henry loved having James around and asked if it would be alright if he and James could go away for the weekend. I couldn't see why not so I let James go. James also wanted to learn how to drive, I didn't know if this was a good idea but Shane thought it would be good and that I should teach him. When I asked why me, Shane said to me that if he did it he would properly end up arguing with James and he didn't want that.

July 10th


Eloise seems to be doing better these days as she and Ed were out in the garden till the early hours playing catch. Earlier in the day she had decided to cook a family meal and it was nice to see her more like herself.  I got a call from Nina's boarding school to tell me she wasn't very well, they think she has the flu but they told me the doctor says it better she stays in bed for a few days. I spoke to her on the phone and asked if she wanted to come home and she said no. She told me her new friends were looking out for her and the nurse was being very nice. She did miss us but she was going to be o.k. and I shouldn't over react.

July 11th





The boys went to France to go sightseeing but I believed it was more to do with spending money and see the French ladies. When I received a call from James he had told me that he bought Henry a camera because Henry loved taking pictures but didn't have a camera.
Henry was trying to speak to the ladies but he wasn't doing so well as they kept getting annoyed half way through the conversation. James said they were spending most of their time in the local park by the cafe mixing with some of the locals. They didn't want to do much else.

July 12th



The boys had decided to explore and Henry was looking at the board when he got a call from me. "Henry I'm sorry to have to do this but it's your Mum. She seems to be going downhill fast and I've tried everything. I think you need to come home now." "I'll get James and we'll get on the next plane home."

July 13th

Nina called saying what a great time she was having and that she was feeling much better still had a cold but was now able to go to class and Luke rang to ask if we could send some money as he was going on a school trip. I asked if I could speak to his teacher to confirm the details. Then the truth came out he needed spending money for the weekends to go out with his friends. "Luke you didn't have to lie to get money. I do understand that the weekends are for spending with friends. I will send money to the school for you but next time just tell the truth, ok." "Sorry mum I will. Love you, got to go off to play tag, bye."       
It was nice to hear from them and at least they were ringing me rather than me ringing them all the time.

When the boys arrived home it was in the early hours so they took to their beds. The following morning I had to break the news that Aunt Eloise had passed away in her sleep, Henry was devastated by the news. I had hoped she would hold on till he got home but after I made the call an hour later she was gone. I saw no point in telling Henry over the phone so decided till now to break the sad news.


July 14th


It was James first day at school since leaving boarding school and after he left school I got off the bus at some field and decided to do his homework in the open before making his way home. He was so used to taking orders I think he wanted a break from that and be on his own foe awhile. He came home happy as he was making new friends and that on the weekend he would be attending his first prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment