Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Diary Entry 8

Entry 8

March 22nd


These last few months have been a mixed bag. Throwing up, not being able to eat and feeling generally unwell. When I woke this morning it was as if all that had changed, I felt refreshed, had colour in my cheeks and I was able to prepare a meal in I don't know how long. I felt great. The baby had started to kick so I knew by that and still having to go to the toilet many times in the day that everything thing was going well with the pregnancy.



I took a trip to the spa and went shopping for books on what to do when the baby arrived bought things for the nursery but I wouldn't allow anything to go up and in the nursery until the baby was just days from being born. Aaron was going nuts he wanted things ready and said I was being daft but he knew how I felt so went along with what I wanted.

April 12th

Four months to go before the baby comes. Already had to go on maternity leave as running around chasing ghosts wasn't doing me or the baby any good; so the doctor tells me but Aaron has had another promotion to squad leader. I' m so happy for him, not. No wait I am happy for him just fed up with being stuck at home on my own with no one to talk to. Aaron works long hours as my job is on hold so I don't see him much because when he comes home I'm so tired I'm already asleep in bed.
I tried ringing my Dad but no answer he must be working too, great!! I decided to go to the park and play chess but I was playing alone. At least I was outside getting fresh air. Aaron came home early and could find me. When he found me at the park, he looked so worried.
"Are you o.k. Paige?"
"Yes, why?
" You weren't at home and I thought something was wrong, so I rang the hospital to see if you were there." he said with a concerned look.
"I'm fine." I said lying through my teeth. " No wait, I'm not fine. I am bored fed up and hate being on my own in the house while you are in work with nothing to do. That is why I came here to get fresh air" I told him with one quick breath.
Aaron laughed, did he just laugh at what just said. I was about to yell and scream at him when he said " Why do you think I finished work early I could see you getting more and more upset so I asked for a couple of days off but they no. Although they did say I could have the afternoon off."

The afternoon was lovely. He and I watched crap on the box cuddling up on the sofa. We started on the nursery, well just decorated nothing will go in there yet and talking. It felt great. I felt like a sim again.

 May 15th

The baby is really kicking now. Doctors asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby but we declined as we want it to be a surprise. Aaron is working really hard putting the last few touches to the nursery and won't let me in the see the room he says he wants it to a surprise.

May 30th

Saw the doctors and have been told everything is fine but I must try and relax more and let others do more for me.  That advise is easier said than done. I have to do something or I will go insane.
As I was bored the other day I tidied the laundry room by moving the washing from one end of the room to the other. I know stupid but I needed something to do.

June 20th

Well, I am now only weeks away from the baby being born. We are trying to decided on what to name the baby but no name stands out yet. Aaron want to name the baby Sky if it is a girl but I'm not sure I like that. Don't get me started on boys names the list is just sooo long Terry, John, Tim, Jacob and many, many more.  If I have my way they will not make the short list.

July 24th

The Due date and no sign of the baby. Aaron came home expecting to not find me home and have a frantic message on the answering machine saying I was at the hospital but here I sit in my living room having tried everything to get the baby out and nothing.
Aaron made dinner for us and shortly after we went to bed.

July 25th


At around 2.30am I woke up with a sharp pain. I called to Aaron and suddenly the pains just wouldn't stop. By now all I could try and do was breath and Aaron was going frantic and I just yell at him and said get me to the hospital.



Aaron got me there just in time and at 4.08am our baby boy was born healthy. We named him Carl his star sign is a Leo and has the traits of being very perceptive and athletic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment