Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

Diary Entry 64

Entry 64

April 15th

It's been 5 days and still no word. How can a mother leave her newborn? As I walked into your room Lacey that was the question I asked myself but I made a promise to you that day that I would never leave you my most precious gift in the world. I found out where your mum moved to and tried knocking on the door but there was no answer. She really doesn't want either one of us. I now have to do my best as a father but I know you have grandparents that love you and an Aunt and Uncle that will spoil you. So from now on it's just you and me.

April 17th



Mum and Dad were looking after Lacey while I investigated a new case. I had been contacted by Trigger Broke about some rumours that were being spread about him and he wanted to know what was being said and by whom.

I decided to take a break that afternoon and relax. I got changed and jumped into the pool in the garden and next thing I know James has joined me and we were having a contest, to see who could hold their breath the longest. As usual I won James could never manage to hold his breath long enough.

The moment I heard Lacey crying play time was over. I found being a new parent hard, it was the little things like getting a full night's sleep that you are so used to, I mean the moment she cries I wake and run to her to see what she needs. The other thing I've noticed how much of my time she demands and trying to drink a hot cuppa, um more like a cold one. The moment I try and drink the cuppa I've made she needs me again. One day I might get a hot drink again. I don't think of me anymore, I just think of her.

May 15th




The last few days have been hard as Mum had passed away and today is the funeral. Everyone is so devastated as for me I loved my Mum very much she was always there for me especially after being left to bring Lacey up on my own. She spent most if not all her free time helping me out. Tam came over today to pay her respects to the family and Dad asked her if she would attend the funeral and she accepted.

We all went by car to the cemetery and Tammy met us there other than Dad who was mostly in shock not believing this was real there was not a dry eye among us. I hoped Mum would appear any minute and say it was a joke but no such luck it was real alright my mum was gone and now we were left alone to make our way in the world.

June 15th





It's been weeks since Mum's death and the house is still not the same. Mum vegetable garden is in need of love and care. Dad loves his little granddaughter and spends all his time with her and as for me well I had the shock of my life when I was leaving to work on another case when Sophia turns up demanding to see Lacey.
"Oh Luke darling, I've made a terrible mistake can we get back together." now I lost it.

"You want what? Forget it it's never going to happen and besides why aren't you even asking how your daughter is don't you even care? When she needed you the most, being only hours old you ran out on her and me. I even tried knocking your door to change your mind but no answer. What did our daughter Lacey ever do to you? Nothing, only ever wanting to be loved and cared for. That's right you don't care, never did. So here is my say. Sophia we are through for good, stay away from my daughter and if she ever wants to see you, she will contact you. And another thing leave and never come back." as I trembled with such anger.
As I walked back inside I saw James watching from the window and by his face I knew I did the right thing.

June 29th




A new case has turned up on my desk the Tattooed thief. As I read through the file I realised this was going to be a big case. I had been researching on the web but nothing. As the burglary happened at night and my client didn't hear or see anything, I was now going to need to speak to any Sims that might know something about that night. I just hope my client has some nosey neighbours.

Lacey was now into everything. Dad was teaching her to talk and he was having more fun than Lacey. James was playing with her and as for me I was teaching her to walk. As she was growing so fast I decided to take a short break and spend so quality time with my daughter.

June 30th



Lacey and I headed for Barnacle Bay just a few hours' drive from Twinbrooks. We got to our little house that I rented for the weekend just after lunch and we headed out for a stroll to look around the town. Lacey pointed to just about everything she saw. Once we got to the beach that was it Lacey didn't want to go anywhere else so this is where we spent our few days.

July 1st






"Where do you want to go today Lacey?" She walked up to me and said "Sand Daddy."
"Honey, Sand is on a beach. Say Beach." as I laughed and by the way she looked at me I knew now wasn't the time to correct her. We spent all day at the beach. This time Lacey went on the pirate ship and played with that doll she was given as a baby. I called it puzzle as it was a weird looking thing and to me it was a puzzle as to why she took to it. She watched other kids play while using their imagination.

As for me I cooked hotdogs and just lazed on the beach while Lacey wore herself out. I have to say though I think she wore me out before she wore herself out. When we got home I put her to bed, burnt my dinner which didn't look edible so it went in the bin and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment