Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Diary Entry 24

Entry 24

October 24th



April and I arrived in China for a few days and already we are arguing. As it was late I sat studying about bars and April just stormed off to find a room and sulk. After studying for a few hours there was this lovely smell coming from the kitchen. I went in there to get some food as it smelt that good, to my shock I found it was April cooking a meal. I didn't even know she knew how to cook. April offered me a plate and for the first time we ate a meal as a family.

October 25th




We have had a wonderful day sightseeing and doing lots of different things. We explored these gardens and played chess until our heads hurt. I then noticed a sparing log and decided to have a go while April carried on playing chess even though her head was killing her. We went shopping and while April went window shopping I took a dip in the fountain in the centre.
When we got home to the base camp, the radio came on and April started dancing, no-one would believe me at home that there was a nice side to her. Hay I couldn't even believe it myself and I'm seeing it with my own eyes.


October 28th

The last few days of our holiday was really good we went shopping and just exploring the sites and spent quality time together. I asked why she was always in trouble and April said she just didn't know why. She hated her mum and couldn't stand being around her. As for her Dad she felt he distrusted her and loved Paige more than her.  I told her Granddad loved her and mum just the same and it was all in her head and Emma loves her very much and she should make more of an effort to get on with her mum. April said she would try but I don't think it will last but I can hope.

November 2nd

Training is going well but I still have awhile longer before the big clubs will let me mix a drink or two. I received a call from the sports zone and they have offered me a permanent gig. I told them I would think about, I love the city but something is calling me home. They said I needed to give the answer by the weekend.

November 6th

I spoke to Dan, he is telling me that April is getting out of control. "I can't believe this ,Dan. She was doing fine on holiday and when I brought her home" stating a fact. "I know but she came home in a police car last night for destroying property. No-one knows what to do. Granddad is getting stressed and making himself ill, which is worrying Mum. Oh yes and Emma is ignoring the situation and poor Dad is trying to keep things calm but it's not working. We need you home!" Dan said with a nervous tone. "Dan, I would really like to...." but I was interrupted, "No Carl, now and I mean now." he yelled. I think Dan has just grown up.

November 9th

I know Dan was angry but I had to finish my shifts that night and last night. I advised both clubs that I would be unavailable for a week due to a family emergency. As I was leaving the flat there was a call on my mobile and when I looked at caller ID it was Izzy, I stared at the phone for what seemed ages then answered "Hi Izzy." "Hi Carl but this isn't Izzy. Sorry to disturb you but Izzy is in hospital for and has been here for about three weeks. She has no living relatives and she talked about you a lot and asked us to contact you. I know this is a lot to ask but could you look after her for awhile, at least until she is fit and well. Without thinking I replied, "Well there is family issue going on at home but I could stay overnight and check on her during the day, if that is ok." "If you are sure that should be fine. It's only for a couple of weeks as she refuses to stay in hospital any longer.
After the shock, I got in my truck and made my way back to Twinbrooks. I came to arguments, yet again. I went straight to my room dump my bag on the floor as I came closer to my Granddad's room I heard April arguing again with him and she flew the door open I just snapped, "April get to your room now and I will deal with you in minute!" By the look on face she knew I meant what I said. 


I walked up to Granddad having had enough of this nonsense, "Granddad I respect you a great deal but I've had enough you need to control her behaviour and Emma needs to stand up to her. April tried to argue with me but I wouldn't stand for it and she behaved differently while with me. I will not take her back home with me because I'm training. That's another I can't keep coming home every 5 minutes to sort things out. I'm training and now Izzy sick. I need my life too. April is your daughter you need to sort her out yourself." leaving the room with granddad in shock and mouth wide open.

"April pull yourself together, you are part of this family like it or not. We all love you but there are boundaries. Respect all us especially your parents as you are make Granddad really ill. You can't have your own way all the time. Study and help out you might find out something for a change."

As I head for the door I shouted "In case anyone cares I'm off helping Izzy and I am Not to be contacted." Mum and Dan both looked at me and just nodded.

No comments:

Post a Comment